Surgical procedures vary from scheduled and outpatient surgeries to emergent surgeries, including Cesarean sections. All major trauma patients are surgically stabilized here, with the exception of cardiothoracic injuries.
Surgery Reminder List
- No food or drink during the eight hours before your procedure.
- Bring a current list of your medications.
- Bring a list of your allergies.
- Bring something to occupy your time while you wait.
- Bring or arrange to have somebody to drive you home after your procedure.
During a surgical procedure, people in the operating room may include the surgeon, physician assistant, anesthetist or CRNA, one or two surgery nurses, a recovery nurse, and one or two scrub technicians.